Welding is considered to be an important part in the construction and in metal fabrication. It is a method of heating the metal and joining it with other pieces of metal. Welding Helmet Genius is mostly used in automobile, metal fabrication, aerospace, underwater and at home. But there are certain things which should be given more importance than welding like safety. Welding is an unsafe process which includes the variety of sources like the gas flame, ultra rays, electric beam and much more. This source can affect your body if you are not protected against it. So protect yourself by wearing safety pieces of equipment like welding helmet, gloves, and boots.
This is mainly for protecting your face against harmful gases and lights. These also protect you from breathing harmful fumes which come out while welding. Your face and eyes can become an easy target while welding. You will find many varieties of helmets but a good quality helmet is when there are certain components present in it such as:
* Shell: This should have an eyepiece that can resist against heat, electricity, and impact. The eyepiece should be opaque so while welding the light will automatically dim by it.
* Retainer lens: The work of this lens is to stop the pieces from getting into your eyes which come out while welding. These are generally made out of plastic that’s because the pieces can break the glass.
* Filter Lens: The welding helmet consist of filter lens which should be made out of glass. This filter controls the light which can affect the eyes. Each filter has different property and they are seen in more than 10 shades. If the filter lens has the number of shades then the amount of light passed through will be less.
* Gasket: This is made from heat resisting material which insulates the heat of welding. This generally placed in between the filter Lens and cover lens. The gasket is mainly for protecting the welder from heat changes like high voltage. If this isn’t placed between the cover and filter lens then there is a possibility of damaging the filter lens.
* Outer cover lens: The outer cover lens of welding helmet is for preventing you from scratches and U-V (ultra – violet) rays. If an outer cover plate is made out of polycarbonate plastic then it will surely protect your face from U-V rays.
Apart from these, you will also find Welding He are very good protection while welding. The advantage of this helmet is you don’t have to change the lens for darkening during welding. This helmet is dark when you haven’t started welding and again darkens when you stop welding. There are some helmets where you need to take out the helmet for changing the lens. The protective cap is the most imperative welding extras which spares the welder’s head, face and neck from perilous shimmers, high temperature, UV and infrared beams which will be produced while welding the metals. The vast majority of the head protector contains two most essential parts which are cautious hood and glass window. Through this glass window, you can without much of a stretch view the work what you are doing. The head protector you will utilise must have the quality focal point shade, general solace, and useful capacity. The vast majority of the expert welder will go for the quality protective cap, which is anything but difficult to utilise and furthermore appropriate for their work. Source: https://www.weldingoutfitter.com/collections/welding-helmets